Easily connect serial devices through a USB port.
Most modern computers and laptops don't have RS232 (DB9) ports, making the use of legacy peripherals and high-tech devices which connect with COM ports almost impossible. The Manhattan USB to Serial Converter — with its serial RS232 (DB9) port and FTDI FT232RL chipset — easily expands a single USB port to connect and support serial modems, barcode scanners, digital cameras, card readers, Ham/Amateur Radios, GPS, CNC machines, telescopes, embroidery machines, fuel injection controllers, PDUs, network switches and other devices.
Quality Construction and Easy Installation
Gold-plated contacts and rugged construction combine to offer a reliable connection between the computer and serial peripherals for consistent, trouble-free performance. Windows compatibility with plug-and-play installation and hot-swappability help provide seamless use without inconvenient and frustrating device conflicts.
- Quickly converts a USB port to a Serial/RS232/COM/DB9 port
- The customizable and compatible FTDI FT232RL chipset makes it the ideal solution for many OSs and platforms
- Easily connect most DB9/serial modems, digital cameras, label writers, barcode scanners, palm PCs, GPS, telescopes, CNC machines, embroidery machines, automotive control systems, digital organizers and much more
- Install as a standard COM/RS-232 port to provide serial connectivity for legacy and high-tech devices
- Chipsets Prolific PL-2303RA and PL-2303HXD configurations are also available at ManhattanProducts.com
- Windows compatible; plug and play; hot-swappable
- Lifetime Warranty
- Standards and Certifications
- USB 1.0
- USB 1.1
- following WEEE standards Connections
- USB port; type-A male
- Serial/COM/RS232/DB9 port; 9-pin male General
- Transfer rate: up to 256 kbps
- Bus powered
- Overcurrent protection
- FTDI FT232RL chipset Physical
- 24 AWG cable gauge
- Cable length: 45 cm (18 in.)
- Weight: 165 g (5.8 oz.) System Requirements
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 or Linux or Mac 9.x/10.x or above Package Contents
- USB to Serial Converter
- Instructions and driver CD
WarningThis product can expose you to chemicals including Cadmium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Other Part Numbers
- Amazon ASIN: B01E0R8L90
- EAN: 0766623151856
- UPC: 766623151856