The Intellinet Network Solutions Gigabit Ethernet WDM (bi-directional wavelength division multiplexing) Media Converter utilizes a single strand of fiber to transmit network traffic on separate receive and transmit wavelengths (1550/1310 nm). This innovative technology allows you to effectively use the two strands for two independent connections or to double the capacity without digging in a second fiber cable. The converter is completely transparent to the network so the network performs exactly the way it did before — only now it can support both copper and fiber mediums.
Expands the Size of an Existing Network
This converter provides fiber connectivity to Ethernet segments, allowing for even further networking expansion between extended workgroups. It also provides building-to-building connectivity without the cost and disruption associated with the installation of additional routers.
Enhances the Distance between Networking Devices
Connecting the converter to fiber segments can further extend distances between networking nodes. This can be achieved by direct connection between the converter and a fiber-based node or networking device.
Network managers can install fiber cabling anywhere within a network without changing the arrangement of copper-based Ethernet. The compact size of the converter allows it to be easily deployed in any narrow desktop location or to be used in a wallmount installation. Several converters can be simultaneously installed into a 19" rack-mountable chassis.
- Fiber SC-type dual-wavelength single-mode port connects over distances of up to 20 km (12.4 miles)
- Must be used with Gigabit Ethernet WDM Bi-Directional Single Mode Media Converter, model 545075
- Data transfer rate: 10/100/1000 Mbps
- WDM (wavelength division multiplexing) technology utilizes only one strand of fiber to transmit data on separate receive and transmit wavelengths
- Wavelengths: receive (RX), 1550 nm; transmit (TX), 1310 nm
- One 10/100/1000Base-TX RJ45 port, maximum distance 100 m / 300 ft.
- RJ45 port with Auto MDI/MDI-X support
- Status LEDs for easy monitoring of device status
- Functions as a stand alone converter or can be used with the 14-slot Media Converter Chassis, model 507356
- External power adapter, 5 VDC
- Three-Year Warranty
- IEEE 802.3 (Twisted Pair Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3ab (Twisted Pair Gigabit Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3u (Twisted Pair / Fiber Optic Fast Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3z (Fiber Optic Gigabit Ethernet) General
- Media support: - 1000Base-T Cat5 or higher UTP/STP RJ45, EIA/TIA 568 - 1000Base-LX single-mode 8.3/125 µm or 8.7/125 µm or 8/125 µm or 10/125 µm
- Connectors: - RJ45 port, 10/100/1000Base-TX - Fiber SC port, 1000Base-LX (SC)
- Distances: - 20 km / 12.4 mi. (fiber cable) - 100 m / 300 ft. (RJ45 cable)
- Wavelengths: - Receive (RX): 1550 nm - Transmit (TX): 1310 nm
- Power output: -8 – -3 dBm
- RX sensitivity: ≤-22 dBm
- Signal loss: 0.2 dB/km
- MTBF > 100,000 hours
- Certifications: FCC Class A, CE LEDs
- Full Duplex/Collision
- 1000 Mbps link speed indicator for RJ45 port
- Link indicator for fiber port Power
- External power adapter: 12 VDC, 1.2 A
- Power consumption: 5 watts (maximum) Environmental
- Metal housing
- Dimensions: 105 (L) x 69 (W) x 25 (H) mm (4.13 x 2.72 x 0.98 in.)
- Weight: 180 g (0.4 lbs.)
- Operating temperature: 0 – 50°C (32 – 122°F)
- Operating humidity: 10 – 80% RH, non-condensing
- Storage temperature: -20 – 70°C (-4 – 158°F) Package Contents
- Gigabit Ethernet WDM Bi-Directional Single Mode Media Converter
- External power adapter
WarningThis product can expose you to chemicals including Cadmium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Other Part Numbers
- Amazon ASIN: B001P872VQ
- EAN: 0766623545068
- UPC: 766623545068